Finally, on Monday 4/7/08, the USCIS has announced that the H1B cap has been reached. However, the number has not been released until today.
Today, USCIS just announced a preliminary number of nearly 163,000 H1b applications received between 4/1/08-4/7/08 with more than 31,200 of those petitions being in the advanced degree category. The CIS anticipates conducting the H1b lottery next week. The H1b masters degree lottery will be conducted prior to the general H1b quota lottery.
Hmmm..so what does it mean to me? I only have around 30% chance of getting H1B. Nervous? Of course.. Get it or not, actually I just want to know the result ASAP so my life can move on. I’ve been thinking and planning what to do if I do not the get H1B. Even though I know that it is all under God’s control and He surely has the best plan for me, but I am just so scared and helpless.
But one thing for sure is: If God wants me to work in the US – at least for now – no matter how little the chance is, He’ll provide. If God has another plan for me, I need to search for His will and understand His heart that wherever He places me, I have to humbly obey Him. His ways are always better than my way. In fact, His ways are perfect!
The lottery will be conducted next week. And next week, I’ll be having a CPA exam. I don’t know if I find out the result next week- either good or bad news-, will it affect my study and exam?? Hope that I can still concentrate with a clear mind so I can do my very best. J
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment